is doug naylor a millionaire?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by ben996, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ben996

ben996 First Technician

hi, i was on the forums but had to create a new account cause i forget my log in details,
    anyway is doug naylor or rob grant a millionaire and if yes or no how much estimated do they have in the bank,

thanks

2. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

T'is a rather odd question if you don't mind my saying, no offense intended though. I would imagine that if Doug were a millionaire then he would have likely funded the movie himself, or another series even, years ago, given his passion for the show. While making some great investments before hand, during and after. So i think it's probably safe to say ; no, he's not, and i very much doubt Rob is either.... i could be wrong of course, i don't know them personally...i mean, they could have a hidden stash horded away somewhere, like pirates...then again i could be Johnny depp, living in a beatiful house, with a beautiful wife...and thinking 'how did i get there?'...watchin'the days go by... :-) (sorry, i was just listening to that Talking Heads song :eek: )

Anyway, welcome back to the forum :-D

3. SixthDwarfer

SixthDwarfer Supply Officer

Why? You thinking of robbing him?

4. ben996

ben996 First Technician

it's because i write sitcoms and i was going to send them off to the bbc and was just wondering what doug's net worth is,

ps, writers for american sitcoms have hundreds of millions of dollars

5. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

Last Of the Summer Wine?

Pembers likes this.
  6. SixthDwarfer

Anything we might have seen?

Also, shouldn't your main concern be whether you'll entertain people, rather than becoming rich?

7. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

No they don't. Unless you mean "One or two American sitcom writers have hundreds of millions of dollars" which may be true...but isn't generally money they earned simply writing sitcoms.

8. Freeborn

Hence the need to be making some great investments beforehand,during and after. If intelligent enough, then ; Once a millionaire, it doesn't take long to become a multi-millionaire. Money breeds more money. And a lot of it. IF managed efficiently, and if one learns how to be as crude a buisiness person as possible.

Whats more, money attracts others with money, so baring that in mind, you wouldn't nessesarily need to be a multi-millionaire to fund a movie, what with things like product placement, etc...though knowing the right people can help a bit too.

There are some great film makers out there who have made some pretty impressive movies for nexed to nothing (in movie terms) It's amazing what a bit of good equipment, a couple of home made green screens and a wearhouse can achieve.

:-D Don't get me wrong though, i'm not suggesting a Red Dwarf movie on the scale Doug would want it to be could be made that way. Not in this day and age of such vast waste. The needless amount thrown away in Hollywierd on pointless things, and paying people vast amounts to do jobs you could easily do yourself (as many forward thinking independent film makers have done for years) is ridiculous really when you think about it. So to make and fund "a" movie, you certainly do not have to be a multi-millionaire... but i get what you meant.

9. Freeborn

:idea: ... :-D ... :arrow:

10. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Is the implication that if he isn't a millionaire you just won't bother?

If so I would advise you to write because you want to, because you have stories to tell and share, or because it gives you pleasure. Don't worry about riches.

11. ourrrob

ourrrob Second Technician

There ain't no money in writing funny. It's second only to crime in careers that don't pay.

12. ben996

ben996 First Technician

i don't care about the money, i write scripts and screenplays because i love writing not because of the money,
    doug could have 50 million or twenty thousand and it wouldn't stop me from writing,

13. SixthDwarfer

Exactly. To misquote Doctor Who, "I've seen this world of yours. Nobody votes for funny."

14. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

15. Asclepius

Asclepius Console Officer

:picard::picard::picard:

Nikki the Great likes this.
  16. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

Asclepius likes this.
  17. Pembers

Pembers Console Officer

The writer of that must have more money than Saudi Arabia.

18. Pembers

Pembers Console Officer

19. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire?

20. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

DOES HE LOOK LIKE A MILLIONAIRE?! :sulk:

[​IMG]

Nikki the Great likes this.