Guest star faceoff!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by mtullock, Mar 18, 2018.

1. mtullock

mtullock First Technician

Thought it might be fun to note your fav and least fav guest stars for each series. It can be based on the character/actor/Scene doesn't matter and it's not a witch hunt just a fav and least fav.....

Series 1
    Fav: confidence. Always amused me
    Least fav: cat priest.

Series 2
    Fav: queeg
    Least fav: female rimmer

Series 3
    Fav: Hudson 10
    Least fav: young lister.

Series 4
    Fav: justice simulant
    Least fav: laurel

Series 5
    Fav: Tim spall
    Least fav: holoship no 1

Series 6
    Fav: simulant captain
    Least fav: the nasty cowboy

Series 7
    Fav: epideme
    Least fav: guy in the bar

Series 8
    Fav: kill crazy
    Least fav: holly and captain it's a tie :-(

Series 9
    Fav: Russian officer (forgot name)
    Least fav: the creator

Series 10
    Fav: Howard or Pree
    Least fav: hogey

Series 11
    Fav: misprinted captain
    Least fav: snacky - the character is just too daft for me

Series 12
    Fav: holly ..... totally made up for 8!
    Least fav: the enforcer of the MILFs didn't like the performance at all.

2. AJ Smegface

AJ Smegface Second Technician

Series 1
    Favourite: Another vote for Confidence (Craig Ferguson). He makes the episode for me.
    Least favourite: The Cat Priest, namely because I just don't like Waiting For God much.

Series 2
    Favourite: David Ross as Kryten. Who knows if Kryten would have been brought in as a regular if it wasn't for Ross's turn here...
    Least favourite: The Dog - I was always disappointed Cat's counterpart wasn't a female.

Series 3
    Favourite: Tie between Rimmer's mum, and the butler in Timeslides as both are very funny with the little they have to do.
    Least favourite: Adolf Hitler simply because I've never been fond of the guy, personally.

Series 4
    Favourite: Tony Hawks as Caligula. Love Meltdown, love the prison scenes, loved Caligula slapping Lister!
    Least favourite: No one.

Series 5
    Favourite: Jane Horrocks as Nirvanah Crane. Great actress in a great episode, plus Don Warrington was great in his cameo as well.
    Least favourite: The new crew in Back to Reality. What a bunch of smegheads, 'ey?.

Series 6
    Favourite: The Rogue Simulant in Rimmerworld, played by Liz Hickling. I should really be saying Legion but... yeah, Liz Hickling.
    Least favourite: The GELFs' in Emohawk: Polymorph II... The Kinitawowi language stuff is okay, but nothing special.

Series 7
    Favourite: Don Henderson's Simulant. He was the best acted guest role in VII, and he brought a real presence to the role too.
    Least favourite: JFK, as a character in the episode, was pretty dull.

Series 8
    Favourite: Kill Crazy. Bonkers as a box of frogs and makes me laugh everytime, especially in Cassandra. I was honestly hoping to see Jake Wood pop up somewhere in XI or XII...
    Least favourite: Big Meat from Only the Good... No. Just no.

Back to Earth
    Favourite: Katerina Bartikovsky, played by Sophie Winkleman. For me, she was definitely one of the more positive elements of the entire Back to Earth three-parter.
    Least favourite: Swallow, the make-up/costume guy, because the role wasn't that interesting.

Series 10
    Favourite: It's too tough to call between Howard Rimmer (Mark Dexter) and Pree (Rebecca Blackstone). In bronze position would be the dispensing machines from Dear Dave though.
    Least favourite: The BEGGs in Entangled (see above; series 6).

Series 11
    Favourite: Dominic Coleman as Butler takes it, but I also enjoyed 4 of 27 (Kevin Eldon) and Captain Herring from Officer Rimmer (who, for some reason, I always thought was played by Richard O'Callaghan [The Creator in BTE and Roguey in The Beginning]).
    Least favourite: The GELF, BEGG or whatever it is in Krysis (see above; series 10 and above-above; series 6).

Series 12
    Favourite: Adolf Hitler. After what I said about series three, I'm a hypocrite. But Ryan Gage was really good.
    Least favourite: Ziggy or Aniter (because she just didn't have much to do in M-Corp, imo).