E-book versions of the Red Dwarf novels?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Acoreus, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Acoreus

Acoreus Skutter

I know this question has been posed here before, but I thought it would be worth another gentle nudge, in the wake of last year's 30th anniversary celebration, the release of the entire series on Blu-ray, etc.

Is there any chance that the four Red Dwarf novels will be released in e-book format? I would love to get them on my Kindle, to keep my Douglas Adams books company (I find Kindle easier to read than print as my eyes get older, along with the rest of me). These are classic works of brilliant science-fiction comic epic (the first two especially), and it seems very strange that all four novels are available from Amazon's Kindle store in German translation (Roter Zwerg), and at least three in Spanish (Enano Rojo), but none of them in the original English.

2. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Just a minute who are you?

3. Acoreus

Acoreus Skutter

I am a fish.
    I am a fish.
    I am a fish.
    etc.

4. dvd3500

dvd3500 Supply Officer

The audio books are on Spotify...

5. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Think we need an enquiry into this

6. Acoreus

Acoreus Skutter

Thank you for that suggestion. I've already got the audiobooks of Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers and Better than Life from iTunes, and I absolutely love Chris Barrie's performance of these stories and characters. But I also like to read my favourite books as well as listen to them, and I find Kindle the most user-friendly (not to mention environmentally friendly) medium for that purpose. When so many science-fiction classics (including many of the old Doctor Who novelizations) are now being released on Kindle, it just bothers me that Red Dwarf isn't among them.

Ant E likes this.
  7. Asclepius

Asclepius Console Officer

I think, you should probably contact somebody from Grant Naylor Production. Try to use the 'Contact us' function on this site.

8. Acoreus

Acoreus Skutter

Done! Thanks for the tip.